Thursday, October 9, 2008

Going to the "nut house"

Of course my first entries have to be about my time spent in the psych ward at a local hospital recently. Now, let me say - I have struggled with depression for years (since teenagehood) but this was the first time I have been put into the hospital because of it. Anyway, this latest flare up was triggered mostly by my lack of sleep (among other things). I left work in the middle of the day and showed up at my shrinks office with no appointment. I sat in the waiting room for two hours listening to U2 and Mary J. Blige's redention of "One Love" crying. I know the other people waiting thought I was nuts! Finally, I get called to see the doctor and he can see that I am a mess (watery eyes, moving slow, shaking). I told him that I feel like I am going to take my whole bottle of Ambien becuase I can't take it anymore. I am tooo stressed out and losing it! Anyway, he tells me I need to go to the hospital and aks me if I would agree to go. Well of course I agreed becuase I hadn't slept a full night in 3 weeks and wasn't thinking straight anyway. Wow, I had NO IDEA what I would be in for!

No comments: