Friday, July 9, 2010

Cymbalta come down part duex

Cymbalta 60mgImage via Wikipedia

I'm into week 4 of my detox from Cymbalta and I must admit that I am finally beginning to feel more like myself.  Whoopeee!!! When I first ran out of my pills, I had no idea that the journey would be so hard.  Who knew that coming off of an antidepressant would cause one to feel like they had a major case of the flu? 

All I can say for those of you considering stopping this drug abruptly -don't, if you can help it. 
It is definitely NOT a walk in the park! 

While getting off this drug you will:
  • Cry for no apparent reason at all
  • Feel like you have a killer case of "morning sickness" that last all day
  • Snap at your children, husband, wife, co-workers and other innocent bystanders
  • Be completely exhausted
  • Experience muscle aches
  • Want to make hasty, rash and often ill-advised decisions that make absolutely no sense (i.e. quit your job that you love, run away from home, or shave your head bald ala Britney Spears)
This is just some of the unpleasantness that you can expect to encounter when you decide to discontinue the use of these meds.  Actually, let me rephrase that - this is just some of the unpleasantness that I encountered when I was thrust into this predicament! :)  Your individual experience may vary and I advise you to proceed with caution. 

There are many websites out there that can offer advice about the best way to get off of Cymbalta and other antidepressants.  You could use your favorite search engine to find them.  A couple of good ones that I like are cymbaltawithdrawal.com and theroadback.org.  Both offer forums where you can connect with others seeking to break free from antidepressants and get some pretty good suggestions on natural supplements you can try to ease symptoms.

The good news though is that there is a light at the end of the "withdrawal tunnel" and thank God that I have seen the light!  Now, I just need to focus on keeping myself from getting back on that horse again.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: